Future Salvors Program
Through this program, the American Salvage Association invites interested students to apply for the Sponsorship Award, which will allow the recipient an array of opportunities to learn and participate in industry-related meetings, events, and networking engagements.
The award recipient will receive the following:
• A complimentary registration to attend the ASA's Annual General Meeting including its meals and/or private networking reception
• Opportunity to learn about key salvage projects and relevant industry developments, meet and network with leading marine salvage industry professionals and regulatory authorities including the U.S. Navy Supervisor of Salvage, NOAA, U.S. Coast Guard, and more
• Learn about future employment and internship opportunities directly from salvage industry representatives
• Recognition and introduction at the meeting
• A complimentary registration to attend the annual International WorkBoat Show (conference and expo) taking place concurrently with the ASA's Annual General Meeting in New Orleans, LA
• Opportunity to meet and connect with the larger maritime industry experts, vendors, and speakers
• A $500 travel credit** to go towards airfare and lodging.
**Award recipient will be responsible for booking their own travel and accommodations specifically to attend the ASA AGM in New Orleans, LA. as referenced above. The student must promptly submit their receipts to the ASA's Education Committee for reimbursement up to $500.
Ideal candidates shall have the following qualifications:
• Full-time undergraduate or graduate student as of Fall of 2022
• Declared major in the maritime field, such as:
• Marine Transportation / Vessel Operations
• Maritime Business / Management / Logistics / Law / Affairs
• Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering
• Oceanography / Marine Science / Marine Biology
• Shipbuilding / Shipyard Management
• Naval Science
• Other related field
• Interested in pursuing the maritime salvage field upon graduation
Submit an Application:
The program's application form can be found and submitted via the following link:
Go to the submission form
All applications for the 2022 program must be submitted by Sunday, October 30, 2022.
Request for Additional Information:
Please reach out to Rebecca
, co-chairs of the ASA Education Committee, for any questions / further information. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals and make connections in marine salvage!